Automotive 3D Printing Market (By Component: Material, Technology, And Services; By Application: Manufacturing Complex Parts, Prototyping and Tooling, And R&D and Innovations; By Geography: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and RoW) Global Scenario, Market Size, Outlook, Trend and Forecast, 2015 – 2024
Global Automotive 3D Printing Market is estimated to reach $3,628 Million by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 21.7% from 2016 to 2024. Growing utilization of additive manufacturing among automotive manufacturers is revolutionizing automobile designing and production. 3D printing is aiding in automotive designs with innovations, ranging from printing car parts to creating accessories with new concepts. It enables faster production process of individual parts and prevents loss during a normal production process. Moreover, 3D printing also assists in customizing features including fancier geometries, light weight lattice structures, and others, and also offers much more variety to the ever-growing customer base. Both automotive OEMs and suppliers use additive manufacturing to enhance quality at pre-production stage, innovations in product design, to develop customized tools and reduce overall time.
Factors such as growing preference of 3D printing over conventional product manufacturing techniques, rising government investments on 3D printing projects, effective use of raw materials, and its ability to reduce development cost and time. However, limitations in material consumption, high cost, and lack of skilled professionals may hamper the adoption among end users. Furthermore, advancements in additive manufacturing process and innovations in the field of advanced materials would provide several growth opportunities in coming years.
The global automotive 3D printing market is bifurcated on the basis of component, application, and geography. Component is segmented as material (metals & alloys, polymers, and others), technology (fused deposition modeling, stereolithography, laminated object manufacturing, selective laser sintering, electron beam melting, and others), and services. Furthermore, application is bifurcated as manufacturing complex parts, prototyping & tooling, and R&D & innovations.
By geography, the global automotive 3D printing market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and rest of the world (RoW). The U.S., Canada, and Mexico are covered under North America wherein Europe covers UK, Germany, France, Italy, and others. Asia-Pacific covers China, India, Japan, South Korea, and others. RoW covers South America, Middle East and Africa.
The major players included are Arcam AB, 3D Systems Corporation, Hoganas AB, Autodesk, Inc., Optomec, Inc., EnvisionTEC, Inc., Ponoko Limited, Voxeljet AG, The ExOne Company, and Stratasys Inc, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Automotive 3D Printing Market with respect to major segments such as component, and application
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Automotive 3D Printing Market is included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Automotive 3D Printing Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Global Automotive 3D Printing Market
- Metals & Alloys
- Other Materials (Plastic, Ceramics, Glass, Paper, And Wood)
- Fused Deposition Modeling
- Laminated Object Manufacturing
- Selective Laser Sintering
- Electron Beam Melting
- Other Technologies (Three Dimensional Injet Printing, And Digital Light Processing)
- Manufacturing Complex Parts
- Prototyping and Tooling
- R&D and Innovations
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East