Biodegradable Mulch Film Market Global Scenario, Market Size, Outlook, Trend and Forecast, 2016 – 2025
Biodegradable Mulch Film Market Overview :
Biodegradable mulch films are used in mulching technique, where these films are used to shield the soil surface around crops to produce best conditions for the growth of crops. These films are eco-friendly, useful in controlled agriculture on restricted arable land, with restricted irrigation. These films help enhancing crop quality and improving agricultural productivity with offering nutrients, lessening soil erosion, increasing soil temperature, & defeating the weeds growth. These are organic mulching materials resulting from plants and animals. With its beneficial use & unique characteristics, it is expected that biodegradable mulch film market will grow over the forecasted period.
Improved applications in agriculture, growing environmental concerns coupled with emphasis on eco-friendly mulch films, government rules encouraging bio-based product usage are the factors driving the growth of the biodegradable mulch film market. However, high cost may hinder the growth of the market. Moreover, growing worldwide population might provide with several growth opportunities in the forecasted years.
The global biodegradable mulch film market is segmented on the basis of biodegradable plastic, raw material type, crop type, and geography. The biodegradable mulch film market is segmented by biodegradable plastic as thermoplastic starch (TPS), controlled degradation masterbatches, aliphatic-aromatic copolyesters (AAC), and others (naturally produced polyesters, photo-biodegradable plastics). Further, the market is segmented by raw material type as starch, starch blended with polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA), Starch blended with polylactic acid (PLA), and others [starch blended with polyhydroxyhexanoate (PHH), starch blended with polylactic acid aliphatic copolymer (CPLA)]. Grains & oilseeds, fruits & vegetables, and flowers & plants are included under crop types.
Based on geography, global biodegradable mulch film market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated into U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe consist of UK, Russia, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The key market players include BioBag International AS, BASF SE, RKW Group, AEP Industries Inc., Dow Chemical Company, Armando Alvarez Group, Al-Pack Enterprises Ltd., Novamont S.p.A, Zhejiang Hangzhou xinfu Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd, and RPC bpi group, among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Biodegradable Mulch Film Market with respect to major segments such as biodegradable plastic, raw material type, and crop type
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2016 – 2025 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2017 and 2025
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Biodegradable Mulch Film Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Biodegradable Mulch Film Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Biodegradable Mulch Film Market
Biodegradable Plastic Segments
- Thermoplastic Starch (TPS)
- Controlled Degradation Masterbatches
- Aliphatic-Aromatic Copolyesters (AAC)
- Others (Naturally Produced Polyesters, Photo-Biodegradable Plastics)
Raw Material Type Segments
- Starch blended with polyhydroxyalkanoate (PHA)
- Starch blended with polylactic acid (PLA)
- Others [starch blended with polyhydroxy hexanoate (PHH), starch blended with polylactic acid aliphatic copolymer (CPLA)]
Crop Type Segments
- Grains & oilseeds
- Fruits & vegetables
- Flowers & plants
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East