Global Laparoscopy Devices Market is expected to reach $17.7 Billion by 2024 from $9.8 Billion in 2016, growing at a CAGR of 7.6% from 2016 to 2024.
Laparoscopy is a minimally invasive technique used to inspect organs inside the abdomen or pelvic hollows by injecting a laparoscope within a small opening in the abdomen. A laparoscope includes a long, thin tube with elevated intensity light, and high resolution camera attached in the front. The camera broadcasts images to the monitor as it travels through the stomach.
Laparoscopy is used for the diagnosis & treatment of ectopic pregnancy, endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), fibroids, and cysts.
Escalates investments in the laparoscopic instruments, rising prevalence of colorectal cancer, technological enhancements in the field of laparoscopy are the major factors boosting the growth of the global laparoscopy devices market. Besides, lack of trained professionals for operating laparoscopy procedures is the major drawback of the market limiting the growth globally.
Moreover, improvements in equipment capabilities in laparoscopic instruments are expected to create new avenues for the market in the forthcoming future.
The laparoscopy devices market is categorized into product, application, end-user, and geography. Product segmentations include direct energy devices, insufflation devices, laparoscopes, female sterilization devices, hand held instruments, access devices, laparoscopic adjustable gastric band (LAGB), suction/irrigation devices, and internal closure devices. On the basis of application the categorization includes gynecological surgery, urological surgery, general surgery, colorectal surgery, bariatric surgery, and other applications. End-user segment is further classified into clinics, hospitals, and other end-users.
Based on geographical analysis, the laparoscopy devices market is classified into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated in U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe consists of UK, Russia, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea and Rest of Asia-Pacific while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
Key players operating the global market include B. Braun Aesculap, Karl Storz GmbH & Co.KG, Medtronic plc, Olympus Corporation, Richard Wolf GMBH, Ethicon, Inc., Stryker Corporation, Cook Medical Incorporated, Smith & Nephew PLC, and ConMed Corporation among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Laparoscopy Devices Market with respect to major segments such as product, application, end-user, and gorgraphy
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Laparoscopy Devices Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Laparoscopy Devices Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Laparoscopy market
- Female Sterilization Devices
- Insufflation Devices
- Suction/Irrigation Devices
- Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band (LAGB)
- Hand Held Instruments
- Access Devices
- Direct Energy Devices
- Internal Closure Devices
- General Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery
- Gynecological Surgery
- Urological Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Other Applications
- Other End users
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East