Polyvinylidene Difluoride (PVDF) Membrane Market Global Scenario, Market Size, Outlook, Trend and Forecast, 2016 – 2025
Polyvinylidene Difluoride (PVDF) Membrane Market Overview :
Polyvinylidene difluoride (PVDF) is a special plastic material from the fluoropolymer family, formed by the polymerization of vinylidene difluoride. PVDF flat-sheet membranes are formed by membrane distillation (MD). These PVDF membranes are mainly used in applications having requirement of high resistance, strength, as well as purity to solvents, acids, bases, and heat. PVDF membranes find wide usage for the immobilization of proteins due to their similarity to amino acids. PVDF is an element used in high-end paints for metals. These PVDF membrane paints hold extremely good gloss & color retention. PVDF is also extensively used in films, membranes, sheets, and coatings in many end-user industries. High-growth application areas like water & wastewater treatment and rapidly growing pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are the main factors driving the growth of the PVDF membrane market.
Growing biopharmaceutical industry, high demand for PVDF membrane in water & wastewater treatment, and increasing PVDF membrane applications are the factors driving the growth of the polyvinylidene difluoride (PVDF) membrane market. However, huge cost of PVDF membrane may hinder the growth of the market. Moreover, rising demand in emergent markets might provide with several growth opportunities in the forecasted years.
The global polyvinylidene difluoride (PVDF) membrane market is segmented on the basis of type, technology, application, end-use industry, and geography. The market is segmented by type as hydrophobic PVDF membrane, and hydrophilic PVDF membrane. Technology includes ultrafiltration membrane, microfiltration membrane, and nanofiltration membrane. Application includes general filtration (aqueous & organic), sample preparation, bead-based assays, and other applications. Further, the market is segmented by end-use industry as food & beverage, biopharmaceutical, and industrial.
Based on geography, global polyvinylidene difluoride (PVDF) membrane market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated into U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe segment consist of UK, Russia, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe. Asia-Pacific is segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea, and Rest of Asia-Pacific while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
The key market players include Merck & Company, Inc., Arkema Group, Koch Membrane Systems, Bio-Rad Laboratories, General Electric, ThermoFisher Scientific, CITIC Envirotech, Toray Industries, Pall Corporation, and Pentair Plc., among others.
The key takeaways from the report
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Polyvinylidene Difluoride (PVDF) Membrane Market with respect to major segments such as type, application, and end-use industry
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2016 – 2025 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2017 and 2025
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Polyvinylidene Difluoride (PVDF) Membrane Market has been included in the report
- Profile of the key players in the Global Polyvinylidene Difluoride (PVDF) Membrane Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of the Global Polyvinylidene Difluoride (PVDF) Membrane Market
- Hydrophobic PVDF Membrane
- Hydrophilic PVDF Membrane
- Ultrafiltration Membrane
- Microfiltration Membrane
- Nanofiltration Membrane
- General Filtration (Aqueous & Organic)
- Sample Preparation
- Bead-based Assays
- Other applications
End-use Industry Segments
- Food & Beverage
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East