Ultracapacitor Market (By Application: Automotive (Bus, Auto, Train, and Others), Industrial (Cranes, Valves, Mining, and Smart Grid), Energy, Electronics, and Others; By Geography) Global Scenario, Market Size, Outlook, Trend And Forecast, 2015-2024
Global Ultracapacitor Market is estimated to reach $8,037 Million by 2024; growing at a CAGR of 17.0% from 2016 to 2024. An ultracapacitor, also known as a supercapacitor or Electronic Double Layer Capacitor (EDLC), is an electrical device that are used for storing energy. They are capable of holding hundred times more electric charge than a normal capacitor. Advancement in the field of nanomaterials, rising concern for fuel efficiency, and electrification of industries and other infrastructures have led to the development of ultracapacitors. Ultracapacitor have high energy density, low resistance, and are capable of delivering high power and enable high load currents.
The global ultracapacitor market is driven by factors such as, increasing demand for electrification in vehicles and increased use of ultracapacitors in hybrid powertrain systems and regenerative braking. Though, manufacturing cost may pose a challenge for the market players. Furthermore, increasing demand for ultracapacitors in electric turbocharger would provide several growth opportunities in the coming years.
The global ultracapacitor market is categorized on the basis of application, and geography. Application is further sub-segmented as electronics (non-volatile RAM, solid state disk drive, and UPS), energy (wind, solar, and energy harvesting), industrial (cranes, mining, valves, and smart grid), automotive (train, bus, auto, and others), and Others (aerospace/military).
Based on geography, ultracapacitor market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World (RoW). North America is further bifurcated in U.S., Canada, and Mexico whereas Europe segment consist of UK, Germany, France, Italy, and others. Asia-Pacific is segmented into China, Japan, India, Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, and others while RoW is bifurcated into South America, Middle East, and Africa.
Major companies in this report includes Nippon Chemi-Con Corporation, Ioxus Inc., Maxwell Technologies Inc., Tokin Corporation, LS Mtron Ltd., Vinatech Co Ltd., Cap-XX, Nesscap Co. Ltd., Panasonic Corporation, and Supreme Power Solutions Co. Ltd., among others.
The key takeaways from the report:
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Ultracapacitor Market with respect to major segments such as application, and geography
- The report will include the qualitative and quantitative analysis with market estimation over 2015-2024 and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2016 and 2024
- Comprehensive analysis of market dynamics including factors and opportunities will be provided in the report
- An exhaustive regional analysis of the Global Ultracapacitor Market has been included in the report
- Profile of key players in the Global Ultracapacitor Market, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Scope of Global Ultracapacitor Market:
- Non-Volatile RAM
- Solid State Disk Drive
- Energy Harvesting
- Smart Grid
- Other Application (Aerospace/Military)
- North America
- Hong Kong
- South America
- Middle East