Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) Market (By Component: Software and Hardware; By Size: Micro, Small, Medium, and Large; By Mobility: Tracked, and Wheeled; By Mode of Operation: Tethered, Autonomous, Semi-Autonomous, and Tele-Operated; Payload: Sensors, Lasers, Radar, Camera, and Articulated Arm & GPS; By Application: Defense, and Commercial; By Geography: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific And Row) Global Scenario, Market Size, Outlook, Trend And Forecast, 2016 – 2025
An unmanned ground vehicle (UGV) is a vehicle that works while in contact with the ground and without an involved human presence. The sensors on the vehicle include cameras, a global positioning module (GPS), an inertial measurement unit, ultrasonic ranging sensors, quadrature encoders, and a 2D laser rangefinder. The UGV industry provides adaptable robotic platform along with offering multipurpose mobility support. The key applications of the vehicles are in the defense sector; it incorporates providing surveillance information, assists in explosive activation, and carries supplies. On the other hand, they are also used in emergency services that include police and ambulance.
Increasing demand in defense and commercial applications, efficient execution of projects and safety of personnel, and demand of increased reliability of UGVs are the primary factors driving the growth of the global unmanned ground vehicle. However, restricted battery life and cuts in the defense budgets by the developed nations may hamper the market growth. Moreover, rising demand to increase operational efficiency, and development of driverless infantry vehicle is likely to open-up numerous growth opportunities for the market in the coming years.
The report includes the analysis of the unmanned ground vehicle (UGV) market is converging on various growth drivers, prospects and restraints, based on the regional analysis. The report covers competitive developments such as new product launches and developments, mergers, long-term contracts, joint ventures, and research & development activities in the unmanned ground vehicle market, in addition to other business and corporate strategies adopted by the key market players.
Component, size, mobility, mode of operation, payload, and application are the segments studied under the global UGV market. The component segment is sub-segmented into hardware, and software. On the basis of size the segmentation is given as micro, small, medium, and large. By mobility, the segment is bifurcated into tracked, and wheeled. Tethered, autonomous, semi-autonomous, and tele-operated are the segregation of the mode of operation segment. The payload segment is further classified on the basis of sensors, lasers, radar, camera, and articulated arm & GPS. Furthermore, defense (explosive ordnance disposal (EOD), intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR), crew integration and automation testing, physical security, and others), and commercial (field, domestic, agriculture, chemical, oil & gas, and other commercial applications).
Key benefits offered from the report includes
- An in-depth analysis of the unmanned ground vehicle market, with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets
- The report will provide detailed analysis of Global Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) Market with respect to major segments such as application, size, mode of operation, mobility, component, and payload
- An exhaustive regional analysis of Global Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) Market has been included in the report
- The quantitative analysis of the market from 2016 to 2025 is provided to elaborate the market potential and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) between 2017 and 2025
- Profile of the key players in the Global Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) Market will be provided, which include key financials, product & services, new developments and business strategies
Segments covered in the report
By Mode of Operation
- Articulated Arm & GPS
- Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD)
- Surveillance And Reconnaissance (ISR)
- Crew Integration And Automation Testing
- Physical Security
- Oil & Gas
- Other Commercial Applications
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Middle East
Prominent players operating in the market include Lockheed Martin Corporation, Northrop Grumman Corporation, BAE Systems PLC, Oshkosh Corporation, General Dynamics Corporation, DOK-ING d.o.o., Nexter Systems, iRobot Corporation, HORIBA MIRA Ltd., and RE2, Inc., among others.